Thursday, December 30, 2010

Whew! Breathing Easier.... :)

I had no idea I had so many blog readers, so I will try to watch my grammar and spelling!

Today I went to the doc to get my blood work and check in with my oncologist, Dr. T. It was a great visit! I really love the people who work at MFA- the front desk ladies, the lab ladies, the infusion room nurses, and the social work staff... everybody is just awesome and nice and they all know me by name.

First, the blood work was great:

WBC 4.863
HGB 10.81
PLT 105

Second, Dr. T has agreed to the plan from Hopkins for radiation on all my initial sites of involvement, and set me up with a radiation oncologist appointment for mid-Jan.

Third, we are getting the PET scan in mid-Jan too. He is concerned about the PET showing inflammation, etc. as activity and causing false alarm if we do it too early, but understands my anxiety, so we compromised at 6 weeks post-transplant.

I asked him what we would do if there were still spots showing, and he said he would do radiation, which we're already doing so... yay. I then asked him, "what will we do if I relapse after radiation?" And he said, "don't worry about that more than you would worry about getting hit by a car... if it happens we deal with it then. In the meantime you need to get back to your regular life... ASAP!"

I think that all sounds pretty good... So I am gonna get into work, etc. for January and try not to think about things (or at least think positive when I can't help but dwell on it!). I am sure I will be nervous about the scan, but happy that I am already setting up for radiation no matter what...

That's all! Mom is here and it's awesome- she cooks all my meals and then washes all my dishes, haha. And she found out today that her boss is going to still pay her for this week that she's here! It's such a nice Christmas surprise!! Life is good today. :)



1 comment:

Ari K said...

Sounds fantastic!!! Congrats on the great news and keep up the good work!