Saturday, November 6, 2010

Update November 2010 (sorry it took so long!)

So, I am getting an autologous stem cell transplant to try and cure me.

Catheter Placement (yay for a matching prison scar on my other collarbone!). Monday morning. Going w/the awesome J.Z.!

Tuesday morning- Noah is dropping me off at the apheresis place so I can get some of these stem cells scooped outta my blood, and on the way I think... milkshakes and bacon sandwiches.
Wednesday- I get the lovely Ms. Erika for my company for apheresis day 2! woo!
Thursday- Allie!! My long, long-time friend (what are we at, like, 14 years?) is taking me to either apheresis or something fun instead, if I can squeeze out enough stem cells on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Friday 12th- Wednesday 17th I get to rest, pack, plan, get things set up, etc. for the hospital

Thursday the 18th- Robin has offered to help me get the hospital and settle in! Should be an easy day, so people are definitely encouraged to stop by!

I get my high dose chemo/other drugs from Friday to Monday, a break on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday November 24th, I get my stem cells back and my body gets... uh... restarted?!

I will prob stay in the hospital for another few weeks, building up my blood counts and immunity, and here's what will get me out faster (that I have control over):

- exercise, walking around, sitting in a chair instead of my bed, etc. I would love some of our visits to be walks around the cancer ward!
-eating (e.g., tolerating it without getting sick), so we are talking crackers, oatmeal, cooked vegetables, whole grains, etc. and NOT cupcakes and candy (unless I beg you!) because I won't want to eat much so it should be healthy when I do!
-making sure my awesome visitors aren't sick when they come see me

I was thinking of games we could play when you visit: cards, writing games, scrabble, etc. but if you have 2 person games, bring them! They say the biggest issue in the hospital is boredom...


No comments: