Hey all!
Well, here is your third chemo update of twelve... but first a little pre-chemo recap...
Last weekend APL came to visit and we went to see some pretty awesome art at the National Gallery's East Building and the National Portrait Gallery, and we did the tourist thing which I hadn't done in years...
He showed me the movie Atonement which absolutely shocked me and I loved it.
Pictures from the galleries to come...
I had an amazing weekend.
Then Wednesday Jackie flew up from Florida to hang out with me for the weekend, and it's been great! We are getting excited about her wedding in March in Miami Beach (a beach wedding! cuban food, hot dancing, and I get to wear a fancy dress with no shoes, which come to think of it is pretty much how I end most nights that I wear a fancy dress....). Yay!
---------
So, here's the dirt on chemo 3: I came in a little nervous because my red blood count was way low at the last blood draw, and they threatened me with yet another shot in addition to my white blood count shot if I didn't raise it. So, APL and I ate a fair amount of red meat, hahah, and I have been eating spinach whenever possible. And I have been spacing out my coffee and breakfast as I hear that caffeine reduces your body's ability to absorb iron...WELL... it WORKED!!! My count was way up and the nurse was really happy (no shot!... well, no extra shot!). So chemo went well, no issues. Took a bit longer than normal because I had the slower but thorough nurse (let's be real, it's not like i have plans on chemo days and I didn't mind at all), but afterwards Jax and I still had time to go to the post office and do some other small errands.
Last night we just watched TV and vegged out and then sweet Noah who lives around the corner came over and hung out for a bit on the stoop (amazingly cool weather yesterday, i was in shock!)... and then he gave me a present of two framed beautiful photographs he had taken. Really, just gorgeous photos that were "cheer you up" photos and they worked! I am gonna bring them to my office so i can have something nice to think about and look at there (which those of you know what I do, know is important)
Today I have my white blood count shot at noon, and until then I am going to try to get some work done... This afternoon and evening I think I will do my best to keep Jax entertained and try to see some DC stuff...
Dani comes in the morning and then we go to CFA with Allie and Sam... then at night we are going to see Paper Heart with Farrah... Then Sunday we are going to have brunch with Wojo, perhaps squeeze in a museum, and then Dani and Jax leave for NYC. I wish I was coming with them!!!
But alas, I have an insane day at work on Monday and I need to be on my top game...I am in charge of drafting up a comprehensive communications plan (e.g. target audiences, tactics, measurements, etc.) and I am more than a little nervous to get the feedback, but hoping it will be constructive so I can learn/improve. After all, that's what it's all about when you've been at your job for only seven months, right?!
Well, that's all for now, as I have to work on said plan!
I hope you're all doing well.
Oh, and I wanted to give a special shout out to the following people even though I am about to send out thank you cards
Marie and Dave for the letter
Sophie and Rube for the letter
Al for the letter and coloring book page
Emily for the constant organic snacks
Janet and Jen for the vegan baked goods
Meghan McMillan for the awesome necklace
Allie for the Peopod card and watch
Jackie for coming to visit me and the .... well, the thing that's a secret but that I am so grateful for
Dani for coming to visit me!
APL for coming to visit me and for being sweet and for teaching me about modern art even though I didn't understand a significant portion of it...
Uncle Mike and Aunt Barri for the special package they sent me last week with Grammie's stuff
Saif, Farrah, Galen, and Josh for moral support, distracting and fun field trips, and just general fun and goofing off... :)
and of course, the universe. thank you, universe.
UPDATE Saturday: Somewhat rough day yesterday with fatigue and general yuckiness. Hoping today goes much better as it's quite packed with stuff to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment