Monday, July 27, 2009

almost non-cancery update

Well, there's no reason this blog has to be all about cancer, right? Why not just keep you updated with regular stuff, too...believe it or not there's a whole lot of other stuff going on in my mind at any given time...

like this awesome surfing art film, for example, that I came across the other day. I like the photos and the music (includes bonnie prince billy! yay!), and it makes me want to be at the beach again (real bad!)

Tonight I am going out with Grace to see 500 Days of Summer and indulge her crush on JGL, and my girl-crush on Zooey Deschanel... should be a great distracting end to a weird day (I mean, really weird).

The side effects of the second chemo are coming and going, today's main event is unbelievably random fatigue (near narcolepsy, i am serious), and feeling like something is stuck in my throat (it's pretty annoying, and feels like swallowing a pill without water...except all the time). Good news is I haven't taken any tylenol in two days and the bone pain seems to be less than last round. 

Last night Saif and I went to Takoma Park (aka the People's Republic Of...) and had delicious vegan dinner at Mark's and ice cream across the street (though I got real ice cream coz it seemed just so much more delicious...). I told him next time he's in Brooklyn he should go to Penny Licks! They have really good vegan cookie dough ice cream that I tried when I was there last month. 

In other news, I am counting down the days til Dani and Jackie come visit me in DC in two weeks. FOR REAL! For my DC folks I can't wait to introduce you to two of my bestest friends! And also stay tuned for an email re: movies on the roof...

Love,
T

No comments: