Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My family likes it the old-fashioned way, but here's a repost


Hi Family,

Well, I had chemo 3 of 12 last Thursday and it went OK, the side effects lasted a day or two longer than they did last time (BUT i had friends in town last weekend and might have pushed myself a little too hard). I am still feeling a little under the weather in a non-specific way, haha. My chest feels a little dry and wheezy and cold and I don't really know another way to describe that! I am not necessarily coughing a lot, nor am i necessarily out of breath, i am just ...conscious of my lungs like i haven't been before...

No pain though, except a really teeny headache that may be related to the outrageous heat/lack of caffeine/and stressful events at work. I am feeling quite tired when I wake up and go to bed... it takes me a while to get motivated but in general i have been okay at work once I get started. The Neulasta shot pain/soreness did come on Saturday and Sunday, but then was gone right on schedule with only one and a half days of tylenol this time. I heard that it does start to get better with each shot.

I have started to lose my hair as I noted in the last email, but it is mercifully hanging on (and it's weird because the longer it takes to fall out, the more anxious i am getting about it... like, effing just fall out already and be done with it!), but I am taking it as a little gift from the universe that i don't have to wear a wig during the first nasty heatwave of the summer here!! I hope it hangs on til next week!! I think the 12 or so years of dyeing my hair has done something to strengthen it... the other thing is my hair must be really thick, because it definitely falls out by the handful several times a day, and you can't really tell. (I can tell). I have to secretly admit that i am looking forward to having an all out dramatic shaving my head day. I sort of envision it like when Natalie Portman gets her head shaved in V for Vendetta... only of course I won't be in a secret fake prison...

my next chemo is august 20th. I thought you might be interested in my blog as well. I realize that i updated about chemo #3 on my blog and then posted the link on facebook but not all of you are on that! so here you go

No comments: