Thursday, July 12, 2012

PET-CT #9 DONE!

I had my (9th!)  PET-CT scan on Tuesday morning. It was largely uneventful. Marisa wasn't there so I had a new tech (well, he has worked there for 11 years but I've never seen him). His name was Kiff! Seriously!

Anyway, the nurse lady I like wasn't there either, but there was a new one who was fine. I am hyper-vascular, which means my veins are so tiny that they have to use kid needles on me... but she used a slightly larger one in my hand because of how sting-y the CT contrast is (it needs a bigger flow or something, I dunno...) all I know is that fucking needle hurt the entire time it was in my hand. When Kiff took it out at the end I could have hugged him.

As usual the barium and the contrast made me feel sick, dehydrated, head/tummy achy, etc. but a nice lunch with Rachel at Nooshi (TOFU FRIES!!!) fixed me up, followed by Indian for dinner... I was good to go.

Now, we wait for the results. I called Dr. Tabbara's office after the scan to see if my results appointment could be moved up from Thursday to Tuesday, and yay, there was an opening! So on Tuesday morning around 10:30AM I should be finding out whether I am dying again or not.

I am hoping for the not dying option right now, as I am looking forward to some fun times in my life in the next few years.

Stay Tuned!

No comments: