Anyway, they said it will be radiation to the neck and chest, at a relatively low dose since it's just consolidating the stem cell transplant, and that I will start on Wednesday February 2nd and go for 15 days. They said I should start to feel the effects (fatigue, sore throat) near the end of treatment- perfectly timed for the massive four-day campaign meeting I have scheduled at work! Ah well, I have worked through two kinds of chemo and a stem cell transplant, I think I can work through some radiation fatigue, haha.
I am really looking forward to 2/21-3/28, when I will get to have the luxurious Adams-Morgan apartment (with cable, a dining room table, and a treadmill with its own TV!) of a co-worker while she is off on a writing retreat in Texas... ALL TO MYSELF. Yes... space, privacy, amenities... doing whatever I want at whatever hour, not having to share... I love my life and housemates, but have to admit that one of my favorite things in the hospital was plenty of alone time.
Anyway, I will get through this next month and the stupid radiation, the stressful series of meetings, and then reward myself with this great month in my own apartment, working from there between treadmill runs...
Always gotta have something to look forward to!
Oh well,
No comments:
Post a Comment