Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doctor Visit Updates Pt 1

I went to visit the radiation oncologist, Dr. Saini, at GW Hospital. She was very nice and explained a lot about what to expect. She is going to consult with Dr. T and the Hopkin's doc about exactly what kind of treatment plan we are looking at, but it seems like I should expect about 15 days (3 weeks) of radiation to my neck and chest. I will go in next week to get the simulation done- they will strap me down to the table and give me my tiny blue tattoos and line things up where they need to go. I am ready!

On Wednesday I had my post-SCT PET scan, and now I have about a week before I see Dr. T and get the results. I am not tooooo worried about it because we are planning to do radiation, whether there are still spots or not. The only bad thing that could feasibly happen would be growth in different spots than I have had it before, especially if they are below the diaphragm as that would rule out radiation. Ideally the scan will be completely clear, but considering I have yet to have a clear scan since diagnosis, my hope rests in a significant reduction that WILL be completely cured by radiation.

I have started to sprout quite a few hairs on the top of my head, but none around my ears (still smooth and soft there). I am back to working about 14 hours per day and barely having enough time to eat/sleep, but I am starting (starting!) to figure out a new pattern. While part of me wants to continue to "take it easy" the other part of me is scared that I will relapse soon and wants to get as much accomplished while I am feeling this awesome as I can! It's complicated.

I have a ton more to write about (non-cancer related) but I will save it for another day because I have some work to do right now :)

Love
Tiffany

No comments: