Friday, February 11, 2011

Radiation Day 8

radiation...

only 5 more days! I have a full week- Monday to Friday- and then it's over.

So far it has been fine, easy, non-painful, and apparently covered 100 per cent by my insurance since I haven't had a copay yet... And it takes literally 20 minutes from walking into the building to walking out.

Side effects haven't shown up until today (day 8 of 13), and they are just fatigue and a slight sore throat (it's more like something caught in my throat, not like a burning). I will definitely enjoy the Saturday and Sunday break I get b/c the clinic closes on the weekend! My skin on my lower neck is slightly red, but not very noticeably.

I expect the week ahead to worsen these side effects and expect that they won't go away for a couple weeks while my body heals, but this is truly a breeze compared to chemo so far! If the throat thing gets too much worse than it is now, I will see what kind of meds they might be able to give.

That's all for now! 9pm on a Friday and I am going to bed! :)



No comments: