So, that's how it will go then, I suppose. Monday mid-morning, check into the hospital (it was fine, private room and bath, nice nurses, etc. just need more things that are pretty and smell good, because the hospital smell and taste was grating on the last day and I kind of lost it emotionally...); Tuesday and Weds get all kinds of chemo, Thursday get fluids and the wbc shot Neulasta, my favorite, and then go home Thursday afternoon.
Basically Thursday afternoon I really, really wanted to shower (and cry in the shower, hahah), eat a burrito from Don Juan's, and sleep. I woke up Thursday night and felt OK and even went to a b-day party (water only! and wanted to sit down! but still, able to participate and meet people), Friday day/night was a totally chill - didn't go anywhere, watched movies and relaxed and tried to drink water-- had some painful skin like last time, the tylenol can take a little of the edge off of that but not much. Saturday the pain was pretty much gone, just lingered in a few places, and I spent the day with Fridge eating tempeh (he gave me extra coz he's sweet) and watching movies while he sorted files (which was pretty great b/c I got to spend time with him, he didn't feel guilty about not working, and I didn't do anything that made me feel sick, hahah)...
but then all of a sudden at dinner on Saturday night I got a pretty bad few waves of nausea (I drank maybe two sips of wine), we went home, I chilled out, and then after an hour felt better, we got to the bar (again, water only!) and it hit me again, which sucked because I was talking to a really nice girl who was making conversation with me... "oh yeah, I grew up in Florida" sweat, sweat, sweat, "sorry I have to go" and I ... ran away. Luckily the dudes at the bar were not boneheads and all got out of the way so I get to the bathroom. I didn't really do anything, I just needed to sit down and there was no place to sit other than the toilet. So the wave passed. I got up, got more water, Fridge held me up against him (sweet), then I found a seat on the bench. It was perfect, I could be part of the party but didn't have to stand up. Fridge's bud had a birthday that night and his gf wanted us to marathon with her, so we went all night (again, water all night, and it was actually still fun and makes me wonder why people drink at all! I was having pretty much the same fun if not more b/c I was on top of my game), felt ok for the rest of the night (sitting), and started to feel unwell at the very last minute (the 3AM walk home) and that was because of the heat. Heat has always been my nausea trigger, so having chemo in the summer is pretty much a disaster, haha! Luckily, I have A/C and Fridge was fried, so we just passed out in the cold air and slept pretty well.
Sunday was great- didn't do much in the AM, helped Mere get some stuff for her new apt., had some Wendy's (yum, don't judge) and got some quality Sunday night time with Fridge watching this show that Saif told me about called Skins.
Had good dreams, woke up feeling okay, and now gonna do some work!
Next up on the adventures is someone's birthday ;) ... followed by the next round of chemo (Aug 2-5), then some fun things happening in mid-August like hotels, my aunt and uncle visit, and some days at remote house in shenandoah... one step at a time, one day at a time! :)
xoxo!
1 comment:
Great blog! Just what I thought you should be doing! Always one step ahead!! xoxo
Post a Comment