Tuesday, August 3, 2010

meningitis. slight detour!

well, this is all very dramatic but I had to go to the ER twice in one week with terrible headache and nausea... blinding awful horrific pain, ER quality. They, after MRI, CT scan x2, spinal tap x3, xrays, teams of infectious disease docs, neurologists, oncologists, radiologists, internal medicinists, nurses, techs, aides, and transporters, diagnosed me with aseptic meningitis (aka an illness that can only be treated for symptoms til it goes away. rad.). So lots of pain drugs, steroids, fluids, potassium and magnesium, and whatever else they wanted to string up in the IV.

It was fine. But I kind of hate the hospital now. :)

Home and working now, but on percocets... I can do most things i need to do, just REALLY slow. :):)

Had some great care from my nurses, Fridge, Saif, and the housemates, so all you long-distance readers, don't worry.


PS I shaved my head. Yup. It's all gone. And it feels so much better.


OK, next chemo delayed until probably Monday (gotta get a break!), but stay tuned.

Love Tiff

No comments: