Also, just for good measure, seeing a therapist today for a quick check in on how I am dealing with stress (and my relationships, since that never hurts). Don't know if I will keep going, but honestly I think 90 percent of people should visit a therapist at least a few times in their lives. As a social worker myself, I know how helpful it can be for someone to just spill their guts to someone that doesn't know/judge them- even if the other person has zero advice. There is nothing that amazing about bottling things up and taking them out on other people, and it's batshit (in my case) to let the stress make you feel depressed and crazy sensitive (even more than normal). I have lost my edge, if I ever had one, and need to get my shit together. 2-3 visits ought to do the trick unless this dude is a guru and can help me learn how to make myself run a marathon or something amazing... .
The final point on this three-part stress strategy is going to my 7th yoga class at Stroga. Such a good call on that Groupon... gonna be sad when I run out of passes! I mean... look at it:
No comments:
Post a Comment