I learned how to read an airspace map and tried the most disgusting, awesome candy ever: durian. Have you guys heard of this monster? Fridge says it tastes sweet to him, but I didn't taste any sweetness at all! SDG said it had a sweet aftertaste but a pretty horrifying foretaste. I thought it tasted exactly like what I remember pot roast and onions to taste like the last time I had it (maybe ten years ago or longer?), though now that I am burping it up I do taste a hint of sweetness. Thank god my other present was chili-laced chocolate.
Right now I am Tryst, checking out facebook, avoiding some serious edits to the Barnard report and debating a second cup of coffee. I haven't been out the door this early in a very long time. Not sure how to pace myself.
Our house picked a new housemate! His name is Benjamin and he seems great. Mere signed her lease last night... this is happening! I am going to miss her, but a) she is moving a block away and b) I have been practically drooling over that bedroom. I CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE IN! I daydream about hanging curtains. Is that weird? I need a ride to IKEA to get a rug and some tension rods, actually, on that subject... She told me last night that I should expect the move to pretty much change my life. Not that my life is really all that bad, but boy a change of scenery always does people good, right?
Results from the FNA came back today - looks like 3mos of a new chemo starting July 12th (3-4 days inpatient tx, 2-3 days of side effects, then two weeks off that should be normal work/play as usual, repeated three times) and stem cell transplant around October. Totally ready and not scared at all! It's going to suck to be all chemo-ed out again when it's still 200 degrees outside (DC summer is pretty awful), but hey, that's why there are air conditioners, copious drugs, and ice-cream bearing friends (come home Noah!!). At least this time we will be pretty much obliterating my insides and starting over with new blood so it's gotta work, right? They call the stem cell transplant day your "re-birthday." Funny.
Some fun adventures ahead though: my first trip to Europe, expenses paid by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe means I will be in Prague for 13-16 June and Vienna 17-19 June. So awesome! Then I have to hit the road 21 June for Detroit and the US Social Forum. Back just in time for my 28th B-day on June 29th and I expect some kind of party. Oh and the annual 4th of July here should be nice.
OK, back to work, or, at least, pretending to work while I try to wish away my writer's block...
No comments:
Post a Comment