
I think I am getting sick, and before I get the first sneeze, I can tell because my normally fluffy dreams go dark
Dream #1 was super short and happened between 2-4am when i accidentally fell asleep between texts with B. There was a little boy playing who wanted to be included with friends, but his parents sucked and didn't really give him the attention he needed to be a normal kid. His friends parents invited the little boy to join them all at the beach so he packed a beach bag. When he got to the beach he was so embarrassed because he didn't know how to pack a beach bag and put in sweaters and socks. When he realized what his friends had packed in their bags (shovels, pails, towel), he started crying. Then really really loud. So loud it woke me up and I was upset. Little kids being so upset is the worst!
I am so glad B is up that late, I told him I needed him and he called me and put me back to sleep (love that).
One of the problems I have with an overly empathetic brain is that I drown in feelings. When I am awake and rested, it's a gift that makes me really good at my job like Counselor Troi. But when I am sleepy and sick, it means I cry at the snap of fingers, and cry while sleeping even for other people's pain (like the little kid on beach).
I normally (like every night) have sweet or psychedelic dreams (cotton candy clothes, golden sled pulled by unicorns, bed made out of clouds, me and B laying on picnic blankets and eating macaroni and cheese and telling stories, you know... stuff that makes me feel good). But when I am overly tired, i get sick, and then I get emotionally weak and take slightly bad/stressful things harder than I normally would, and maybe that influences my dreams or ability to deal with real life.
VACATION is starting Thursday! But the week is winding down already! Working from home today and Wednesday, and Tuesday is just meetings from 10-3. Weds night is IPS holiday party (SO EXCITED!) and then I am getting my rest on until January 3
No comments:
Post a Comment