I am at home resting/working comfortably (well, as comfortable as possible given the chemo/white blood count shot and all the side effects). In addition to the minor emotional turmoil I have had to deal with over the past two weeks... yikes! But, all for the best, I really believe that more and more as each day passes!
Anyway, back on topic:
Wow. One more to go. I won't know if I am non-cancerous until January when I get my last PET scan, and we will go from there. I don't know what the next steps will be if there is still some cancer left inside. The options will include radiation, and/or a different (more intense) kind of chemo. If those don't work, there is a bone marrow transplant that can be performed. My doctor assures me that no matter what happens re: treatment, he will figure out how to cure me. This gives me a lot of confidence (though of course I would reeeeeaaallly love your support in sending the vibes to the universe that this was it and I will be done with all this and put it behind me come January!).
2 comments:
On a bone marrow-related note, everyone reading this should consider joining the National Marrow Donor Program (www.marrow.org). It's really easy to sign up and one of my friends actually met the man whose life her marrow saved.
If you're interested, you can search the website for a local registration drive. The whole process is about 10 minutes long and involves you filling out a form and letting them take a cheek swab. I am 99% sure it's free if you go to one of the drives rather than having them mail you a kit.
thanks Noah! spread the word, i might need it!
Post a Comment