chemo #8 went off without a hitch. Except ... my favorite nurse, Heather, is leaving to go back to Cincinnati and that is pretty depressing. I have gotten a bit attached to her. I love the other ladies there, though, so I know it will be okay, but she was just so good at not hurting me... Sam brought me greek food and I totally ate the HELL out of it. It was delicious. He read me a story from the newspaper and it was pretty interesting! And to be continued!
I almost forgot to get my anti-nausea meds, again, but remembered about a block away so crisis averted. Friday I had some crazy ass meetings at work that made me forget to go back to the doctor and get my white blood count shot. This caused me some mild panic as it happened right in the EFFIN' MIDDLE of swine flu season, hah. I called the doc and he told me no dice, had to just go without it this time and to not get sick. Got it. So I have been working from home this week. Going in for a blood test tomorrow (Thurs) and we will take it from there.
No real side effects from the chemo this time out of the ordinary-- sore and tired, but really guys, compared to chemo #1-4, this portion has been mild.
epic PET Scan on Tuesday November 3rd at 9AM. Results on Thursday November 5th. I am gonna reserve my freaking out until the morning of the 5th, so please don't make it worse! I am sure it will be a good result. Let's keep positive.
That's all for now!
Love,
T
No comments:
Post a Comment